Solve Geosolutions (ABN 725 521 287 32) is committed to respecting your privacy and your personal information. This statement sets out how we collect, use and disclose your personal information as it relates to the use of our website. We are committed to the protection of your personal information and complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (“Privacy Act”), including Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”), effective from March 12 2014.
Please read this policy carefully before you provide us with any personal information.
We will review this policy from time to time. We encourage you to check our website regularly as any updated policy will be available on our website.
Collecting your data:
We will, if it is reasonable or practicable to do so, collect personal information directly from you.
Sometimes we collect your personal or business information from our business partners and contracted external service providers when it is necessary to do so.
We may also collect your personal or business information when it is required to do so by law.
Purposes for collecting your data:
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal or business information for the purpose it was collected for, or related purposes, including:
- to provide you with products and services
- to promote or advertise products and services
- for internal data analysis, statistical analysis and reporting purposes
- to identify you
- to deal with any enquiries or feedback that you might have
- to manage and respond to requests for information
- to comply with any applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice; and
- for any other purpose for which you have given your consent.
If you don’t want to receive any more direct marketing material from us you can contact our Data Privacy Officer at any time at email@example.com.
Use and disclosure of personal information:
We will not use or disclose personal information we hold about you that was collected for a particular purpose for another purpose, unless:
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of the information for another purpose;
- the use of disclosure is otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth).
Sometimes we may disclose personal information about you to third parties. Examples of third parties that we may disclose your personal information to include, but are not limited to:
- our contracted external service providers, with your consent; and
- any other person where you have given your consent.
Complaints and accessing and correcting your personal information:
You have certain rights to access and correct personal information we hold about you.
You can find out how to access personal information we hold about you and how to correct that information by contacting our Data Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and asking for a copy.
Types of information we collect and hold:
We may collect and hold the following types of personal information about you, including, but not limited to:
- identification information including your name and contact details.
Personal information’ is defined in the Privacy Act to mean “information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
We may collect personal information about you because the collection of the information is required or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order.
If we collect personal information about you that we did not ask for, we will check whether we could have collected that information ourselves. If we could have collected the information, we will handle it in the same way we handle other information we collect from you. If:
- we could not have collected the personal information; and
- the information is not contained in a Commonwealth record,
- we will destroy the information or de-identify the information provided it is lawful and reasonable to do so.